Monday, September 7, 2009

Invitation to Change

One thing that I remembered from chapter one about change is the Paradoxical Theory of Change that says, personal change tends to occur when we become aware of what we are as opposed to becoming what we are not. To me this means rather than defining ourselves by what we are not, we must first be aware of what we are now. Only then can we accomplish personal change.
The overall thing I would like to change about myself is personal habits. This ranges from biting my nails to heating healthier. Habits are the hardest thing to overcome sometimes, and I would like to think I am strong enough to break certain habits. I'm going to start with eating healthier. If I plan to break the habit of not eating healthy, I first need to stop going out to eat so much. The goal in this area is to change my schedule of only going out to eat three times a week, then hopefully down to two times a week, and finally down to once a week. I feel that this is a reasonable goal and is just a minor dent in my overall goal to breaking personal habits.

No comments:

Post a Comment